[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonderman saga - Tuesday

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 23:37:59 -0400
From: "George W. Ensley" <erc-at-coastalnet-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Sonderman saga - Tuesday

<SNIP SNIP>

Ed,

Like my father used to say, "Something you are telling me is not right." I
think it is time to re verify every part of the system.

Get an o-scope, Don't trust a meter, and take a good long look at the low
voltage side of the pig. The peaks shouldn't be more than 340v or so.

Load the HV side with a jacobs ladder or something if you are concerned
about the scope. This should let you run the supply through its paces.

If all is well then remove the rsg and power the primary and cap of the tc.
This should show up any 60hz resonance problems.

If all is still ok then there is nothing left but tune.

*note*
I run an oven element in parallel with my welder to tame the inductance a
bit. It gets way too wild if i don't.

george......