[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: And what of the FCC?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 02:06:10 -0700
From: randy-at-gte-dot-net
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: And what of the FCC?

.

> Anyway, sparkgaps and Tesla coils are inextricably linked. The old Russian
> Woodpecker was a pulsed (I believe,spread-spectrum) OTH radar that was used
> to detect missile launches in the Western Hemisphere. It certainly didn't
> employ a spark gap.
>
> Geoff SchechtOh, I didnt mean to imply is was a SG..... just comparing the sound
of the recording of SGs that someone played at the local radio club
a while back.I guess the Woodpecker was frequency hopping, but I
believe this was done manually, because it would occasionally park
in one spot, destroying any conversation on that freq. Rumor had it
that if this happened, setting your keyer to approx the pulse rate
of the woodpecker would cause the operator to tune away. Dont know
if this was true, or just coincidental.
BTW, thanks to you and all the others that take the time to write
these detailed replies to my question.... it is muchly appreciated.

Randy
N4MBL