[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Possible ballast?

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, December 01, 1997 3:53 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Possible ballast?

Hi All,
I was thinking about a ballast for my 14.4kv pole transformer. Dr. R.
posted a possible ballast by converting a variac with a bit of cutting
and rewinding with tap points. The other common use is a welder. While
reading postings off the list I looked down and realized that I'm using
a rather large (100lb, 30amp) isolation transformer to keep my pc happy
(it was a scrap item from work). These are those big isolation
transformers you'll find in large business computer rooms. Could this be
converted into a suitable ballast?
Bart