[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

flashing vs. whatever

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 23, 1997 7:11 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	flashing vs. whatever

To all, a question for rolled polyethylene caps.
I'm getting ready to begin plans for building these caps. My transformer
matched cap value is .256uF. I'm planning on building three .083uF caps
to achieve the (near) value. The plate area required is 2592 sq. inches
(18" x 144"). I also plan on using four 4 mil sheets each side of plate
for total of 8 between plates. In transformer oil the caps should prove
durable assuming I get the air out.

It seems those of you who have built this type of cap have used roof
flashing. I'm not real familiar with roof flashing, but isn't it a bit
thick for the purpose? At least the pulse caps I've seen have an
extremely thin aluminum sheet. What advantage wood roof flashing give
over say aluminum wrap bought at a grocery store?

Just curious,
Bart Anderson