[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: new secondary problems

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 19, 1997 6:03 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: new secondary problems

<< From: 	kevin[SMTP:wawa-at-spectra-dot-net]
 Sent: 	Tuesday, November 18, 1997 3:34 PM
 To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 Subject: 	new secondary problems

 i just wound a new 6" secondary.  i tested it out and it worked great.
 then i wanted to take everything apart and bring it inside. well, when i
 touched the upper half of the secondary i got shocked.  i keep touching
 it and i keep getting shocked, it isn't even connected to the rest of my
 coil anymore, it is in my room.  why do i keep getting shocked?

Kevin,

It is from static charge built up in either the coating you put on over the
wire or the coil form itself.  My 6" coil does the same thing.

Ed Sonderman