[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: viynl instead poly

From: 	Thomas McGahee[SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, November 15, 1997 9:39 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Cc: 	rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: viynl instead poly

Raymond,
Vinyl is abominable for TC work. Stick with polyethelene, polypropylene,
and styrene. Vinyl, plexiglass, mylar, all these have fairly good DC
characteristics, but at the frequencies encountered in TC work these
materials overheat tremendously. The heat represents power loss. That is
bad enough in itself, but the heat is also dangerous as it causes
the dielectric to degrade and fail. Usually in flames of some sort.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom McGahee