[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Connecting capacitor plates

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, November 14, 1997 1:26 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Cc: 	megavolt-at-usa-dot-net
Subject: 	Connecting  capacitor  plates

On Tuesday, November 11, 1997 7:58 AM Matt Mills
[SMTP:megavolt-at-usa-dot-net] wrote;

Matt I noticed my ASCII diagram got messed up in transit so
I'm resending that part.

>   In regards to flat plate vertically stacked caps......
>
>   1.   I hear these are quite good performance wise and simple
>        make, How do you connect multiple plates in parallel to
>        increase capacitance?

One way to connect the multible plates in parallel is to cut them
with a tab or tongue and simple use a screw and a nut to clamp
all the plates together. See ASCII diagram bellow.

        _______
        |  _  |
        | (_) | <-- hole for
        |     |     bolt              _______________________
        |     |_____________         |                       |
        |                   |        |                       |
        |                   |        |                       |
        |      FOIL         |        |     POLYETHYLENE      |
        |      PLATE        |        |         SHEET         |
        |                   |        |                       |
        |                   |        |                       |
        |                   |        |                       |
        |___________________|        |                       |
                                     |_______________________|

Note that the polyethylene sheet is bigger in all directions
than the foil plate, this is to prevent arcing over at the edge,
use atleast one inch larger dimensions all the way around on the
polyethylene sheet.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/