[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, November 13, 1997 12:35 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

On Wednesday, November 12, 1997 10:34 AM Jeff W. Parisse
[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com] wrote;

> O.K. I accept that. However, when people ask "Well, gee, what kinda power
> ya puttin' out with that thingie". I want to be able to give an estimate
> rather
> than reply with "it's a mystery even to the best Tesla coil engineers...".
>
> I guess input power. I could equate it to hairdryers. "Well, it's about one
> and a half hairdryers".

You could always measure your voltage output with an electrostatic
voltmeter and then measure the current output with a hot-wire amp meter and
then multiply your results, it'll probably be as accurate as your going to
get.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/