[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multiple neons in parallel

From:	Adam [SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 11:20 PM
To:	tesla list
Subject:	Multiple neons in parallel

I have four 9kV -at- 60mA Transco transformers, and I am currently using two
in parallel to put 1kVA into my 8" coil.  This computes as an acceptable
match for my 0.025uF primary capacitance.  What I would like to know is
what problems adding the other two transformers might cause.  Is it
really bad to have too much power input for the given amount of
capacitance?  0.025uF is just right for tuning my current system (160kHz
secondary, up to 60uH primary), so adding more capacitance is not really
an option for this coil.

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net