[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: WINDING POWER TRANSFORMERS

From:	teslaman-at-juno-dot-com [SMTP:teslaman-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 8:34 PM
To:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:	Re: WINDING POWER TRANSFORMERS

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:08:10 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:

> [...]

  There is a good book on Tesla Coils published by Lindsay Publications
titled "High Frequency Apparatus" by Thomas Stanley Curtis.   Its
original copyright was 1916 reprinted in 1988.  One of the chapters
includes how to build the "High Potential Transformer".  Included are
simple (somewhat) electrical equations for home built transformers and
several designs are included for up to a 1kW version.  Seems like the
book was under $10 if memory serves me right.

  Another good book "handbook Of Transformer Design & Applications" by
William Flanagan and printed by McGraw & Hill is a little more pricy, but
very good information.
 I'll admit I had to read the book 3 or 4 times to grasp the math but was
worth it.

Good luck.
Kevin E.