[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jennings HV Vacuum Relay Data

From: 	terryf-at-verinet-dot-com[SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 10, 1997 7:24 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Jennings HV Vacuum Relay Data

SNIP----------------------------------------------

>  Terry -
>
>  The vacuum relays are not the same as the vacuum interrupters and have
>smaller electrodes. The interrupters have much larger electrodes and are
>rated upto 1200 RMS amps continuous duty. However, the smaller electrodes
>should work with smaller coils. Try the San Jose, CA address I gave in
>another post.
>
>  John Couture

Hi John,
        You are correct!  The Jennings web site is up and functional now
(www.jenningstech-dot-com) and it tells all about their interruptors.  They even
have them mounted on solinoid actuators that can be easily run electrically.
This would make some of the "tricky" adjustments much easier I would think.
Now that I think about it I have used the older versions of these for
another use.  They were nice because if the contacts get welded, you can
often force them back apart and be up and running again.  The new ones look
like this would not be a problem, however.  I imagine they are very expensive??

        Terry