[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Where to find magnet wire in the UK

From: 	Matt Mills[SMTP:megavolt-at-usa-dot-net]
Reply To: 	Matt Mills
Sent: 	Thursday, November 06, 1997 7:12 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Where to find magnet wire in the UK

James,

      Why not look in the yellow pages for electric motor rewinders, I
      live in New Zealand and I bet its harder to find stuff here!
      I phoned around and found I could buy coils as large as 5kms
      (3miles) for as little as $17 a kilo ($3pounds/lb).

      Hope this helps.

Best regards,
 Matt                            mailto:megavolt-at-usa-dot-net