[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Isotropic Capacity

Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
  Date:  Thu, 29 May 1997 11:32:37 +0100
  From:  Joe Cummings <joecmn-at-globalnet.co.uk>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 23:37 26/05/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
>  Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 13:47:27 -0400 (EDT)
>  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>At 06:27 PM 5/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
>>  Date:   Fri, 23 May 1997 09:30:41 -0500
>>  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
>>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>>

>>Richard, All,
>>Are you saying that a tethered conductive balloon at say 30 meters
>>could have several thousands volts wrt ground, or do you need two
>>spheres at different heights?
>Absolutely!  The size of the ballon would determine the current and
>thus,
>the lethality.

This thread sent me hurrying to my file:- "Things I'd like to do when I
win
the lottery."

This one was the "Cummings' Rechargeable Earth Capacitor,"
 or CREC for short.
I'd buy a tower, build a an insulated scaffold outside and lay on it
a big sheet of copper, OR, I'd hire a crane and hoist a big sheet of
copper
on an insulated frame. Then I could do some experimenting.

But what would I be able to do but draw sparks?.

)Imagine the scene: "That was a marvellous spark, Joe,
 but you electrocuted Fido. See you next week?"
"OK, but I'd better go to the dog pound and buy a new pup.  The
missus gets mad when I lose a dog."

So we improve the capacitor. We solder a nice sharp needle to
 the sheet. Wow! the charge is replenished!

We get ambitious. We get the needle discharging into a flame
burning on the sheet. More power!

Now the big one. The world's most humungous hamfest, held in a
football stadium, over which is suspended a huge insulated copper sheet,
and attached to the sheet are a couple of jet engines, which continually
replenish the charge.
Under the sheet are thousands of coilers with limitless power-dot-coming
from
the CREC

And then I wake up.

Joe Cummings