[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LDPE oil tolerance?

Subject:  Re: LDPE oil tolerance?
  Date:   Thu, 29 May 1997 13:35:08 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

-snip-
<<
 I guess I am concluding that PP is more oil-tolerant than LDPE, yet we
 prefer LDPE for oil-filled capacitors for its dielectric properties.

 My first question is:  Any comments on long-term effects of oil on LDPE
 in capacitors?

-snip-
Steve,

I recently took my rolled poly caps apart, since they were both blown.
They
were almost two years old.  The poly looked just like it was new, no
degradation.  The oil is some transformer oil that I bought from the
local
Chevron dealer.  I can get the numbers if someone wants it.

Ed Sonderman