[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Isotropic Capacity

Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
  Date:  Wed, 28 May 1997 20:10:03 -0400 (EDT)
  From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 10:53 PM 5/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
>  Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 08:15:09 -0400 (EDT)
>  From:   SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

><<  In
> > the extreme, the experiments could prove fatal.
> >
> > Richard Hull, TCBOR
> > >>
>I had wanted to tie a weather baloon to a long tether just to let it up
>and
>anchor it. Youre saying that if the baloon were conductive and the
>tether
>also you would get a voltage to ground?     SS

ABSOLUTELY!

Electrostatic motors and such are easily powered continuously day and
night
by such contrivances.  The volts (potential) is there!!!!  Lotsa'
volts!!!

  The current is based solely on the collector capacity, at altitude,
and is
very low.  (microamps), unless you have a metallic Von Hindenburg
tetheredat
1000').  These are and were common problems with blimps and were severe
with
the large rigid zeplin class ships of the grand era of air ships.  Long
wires were reeled out to drag the ground well in advance of any ground
crew
grabbing anchor mooring lines!

Richard Hull, TCBOR