[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solid state and vacuum tube TC.

Subject: Re: Solid state and vacuum tube TC.
  Date:  Wed, 28 May 1997 15:07:26 +1000
  From:   Ralph Down <rjdown-at-fan-dot-net.au>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>Hello everybody,
>
>my name is Max and I am new to this list. I built
>several small and funny high-voltage devices based on TV
>flyback transformers or car ignition coils. I refrain to call
>them Tesla coils, as now I know, mainly from our list, what a
>real TC is!
>I rely more on my electronic knowledge than on my
>mechanical skills, so I am thinking to build a solid state or a
>vacuum tube TC.
>I need some advice about how to do it. I have found a pretty
>big deal of info on traditional TCs which, no doubt, can show
>the best performances. But I have not found many info, plans,
>drawings or opinions on SSTCs or VTTCs. There is a thread going
>on about VT types. Very interesting but, it's a step beyond the
>basic info that a beginner really needs.
>What are the most popular schemes? Are there any special or
>different building hints respect to traditional TCs?
>Could anyone advice me about these topics? Any book, article or
>web page dealing with SSTCs and VTTCs?
>Any comment appreciated.
>
>Thank everybody in advance,
>
>Max Di Tommaso
>sistemi-at-mail.matav.hu

I have requested info on tube Teslas several times, but noone seems to
be
able to supply any plans etc.
If anyone has any info that can help us get started, I too would be most
grateful for it.  (I'll even pay money if thats what it takes).
Here's hoping
Regards
Ralph Down
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....... and everything
is O.K.