[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tube advice needed

Subject:  Re: tube advice needed
  Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 13:47:30 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 06:04 PM 5/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:      Re: tube advice needed
>       Date:  Thu, 22 May 1997 20:09:20 -0700
>       From:  gene lambert <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
>         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>        CC:   tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
snip

>> Richard Hull has done some preliminary work with hydrogen
>> thyratrons which he has posted on this list in the past, and some
>> of my comments above are based on his work.  Perhaps Richard
>> will present his thoughts on the matter.  I seem to remember reading
>> that others have also done some thyratron experiments, but don't
>> remember the details.
>>
>> Wish I could be of more help,
>>
>> John Freau
>
>John, you have helped quite a bit, thank you.
>Richard, do you have anything to offer? do I need two CX 1140's?
>
>Gene Lambert
>
>Guys,

Sorry about the delay in responding, but I have been outta' town to a
big
Hamfest gettin' all th' goodies.

The H2 Thyratrons will create a coil of sorts but with a 1-2usec on time
for
high currents will only allow the main discharge and thus no power
oscillations within the primary (two short a dwell time.)  The result is
more like a normal tube coil.  The Max Q of the system is fully
developed as
I can count a beautiful 52 cycle ring down of the system. (there is just
no
power in it though!!!)  Keeping the Thyratrons' grid hot (positive) will
attempt reverse conduction and sparks fly in the tube as all sort of
ablation takes place.  Two phased hydrogen Thyratrons back to back seem
interesting, but I have had no time to investigate further due to work
at my
real job.

Richard Hull, TCBOR