[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!

Subject:  Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!
  Date:   Sun, 25 May 1997 20:29:51 -0500
  From:   "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Fri, 23 May 1997 00:49:29 -0500
> To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Subject:       Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!
>        Date:   Thu, 22 May 1997 18:44:32 -0400
>        From:   Tom Heiber <theiber-at-lonet.ca>
>          To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>         CC:    tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>

> > Tom,
> >
> > I'm near Shelburne, just north of Orangeville.  I think it's about 1.5
> > hours away.  To my way of thinking that's pretty much *in your area*.
> >
> > rwstephens
>
> Hey. Cool. That's close enough. What kind of TC do you have? I have just
> started working on mine. I was working on a Auto Ignition Coil driven.
> But I gave up and bought me a Neoner -at- 12KVAC 60ma.
>
> Any hints that you could give me?
>
> Tom

Tom,

With a commercial capacitor you can make a pretty darn' excitin' first
Tesla coil with a 12 kV-at-60 mA neon.  My best advice is to stay tuned
to this list, it is an excellent resource and way of meeting smart
individuals with similar interests.  Equally good advice is to come
visit my lab.
I have a number of coils of various forms, one early developmental unit
that
achieved 18 foot streamers first time out (only time so far).  At any
given moment I can put on a good show with several of something type
coils. My new twin system has been a real visitor pleaser of late.  I've
got plenty
of free parking, and admission is still free too to fellow coilers,  but
by
appointment only.

rwstephens