[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Isotropic Capacity

Subject:  Re: Isotropic Capacity
  Date:   Fri, 23 May 1997 09:30:41 -0500
  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Richard, All,
Are you saying that a tethered conductive balloon at say 30 meters
could have several thousands volts wrt ground, or do you need two
spheres at different heights? I'm guessing there is no practical way
to use this gradient to do any useful work, like say charge the
primary cap of a TC. The risk of having something hanging in the sky
that lightning could find has got to be a major drawback. :-(
Dave Huffman