[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Refining 10kv -at- 23ma

Subject:  Re: Refining 10kv -at- 23ma
  Date:   Fri, 23 May 1997 13:44:16 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

-snip-

<< I have seen exactly this running at 400-odd kHz with a medium sized
 coil running with a terrible primary L/C ratio. The primary losses
 were horrendous. The cap was an old oil-filled transmitter power
 supply smoothing job. This was my first "successful" mains-driven
 coil. I gave it away :)  I got about 20" corona and 14" attached
 sparks in that machine. I have since scored 4.5' with the same
 transformer and same _capacitance_ but using a much lower frequency
 and a much better capacitor.
     BTW, I'm sorry I haven't replied re the extra info you sent. I
 will soon. I was going to check tuning and a few other things. Maybe
 Ed Sonderman  would if he has time. He is pretty good at those things.

 Malcolm

Tristan,

I would be happy to do some calculations for you, but I need you to
re-post
all the details of your system.  You can do this for yourself by
downloading
my spreadsheet from the ftp files.  R Scott Coppersmith also has a nice
program (Wintes3.exe) that I am sure he would send you if you asked.  It
is
posted at his web page:
http://members.aol-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm

Ed Sonderman