[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: gas doping of discharge

Subject:  Re: gas doping of discharge
  Date:   Wed, 21 May 1997 10:39:53 -0500
  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Here is an experiment I would do if I could. Take a small cylinder of
inert gas and place it inside the top electrode. With a small amount
of gas leaking from the cylinder have holes in the electrode for the
gas to escape while the TC is operating. The discharge would
certainly favor the gas streams off the electrode and produce a
unique display. Maybe have multiple gases emitting from multiple
hole. A neon orange and argon green might look interesting.
Huffman