[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Resonant TC Electrostatic Fields

Subject:  Re: Resonant TC Electrostatic Fields
  Date:  Fri, 16 May 1997 19:39:16 Eastern Daylight Time
  From:  "Mad Coile{" <ts5815-at-devrycols.edu>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>Subject:  Re: Resonant TC Electrostatic Fields
>  Date:   Wed, 14 May 1997 01:20:50 -0400 (EDT)
>  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>At 01:08 AM 5/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Subject:  Resonant TC Electrostatic Fields
>>  Date:   Mon, 12 May 1997 22:24:47 -0500 (CDT)
>>  From:   rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com (Richard Wayne Wall)
>>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>>

>>5/12/97
>>
>>It's true that there is magnetic coupling between the primary and
>>secondary of a classic TC.  NT did a lot of work in his later years
>>with electrostatics and longitudnal electricity in his coils.  Some
>>provocative posts have been written in this regard.
>>
>>Most TCers are hung up on only magnetic fields transferring energy in
>>TCs. To be sure, there is mutual inductance and magnetic coupling
>>between primary and secondary.  But, there are also resonant
>>electrostatic fields that couple between the primary and secondary.
>>These are special fields in that there may be superpositioning of the
>>electrostatic fields as opposed to macromagnetic fields that do not
>>superpose.  Both the secondary and primary have inherent isotropic
>>capacities that exchange energy as they resonate.  Perhaps energy
>>passes one way magnetically and the other electrostatically.  Resonant
>>voltage rise probably has more to do with intrinsic coil capacities and
>>electrostatic electricity in an active rather than passive role.  There
>>is mutual coupling between both the magnetic as well as the
>>electrostatic components of conventional Tesla Coils.  Each requires
>>the other.  It is error to consider only electromagnetic energy
>>transfer to the exclusion of electrostatic energy transfer.

As I have seen, many coilers make there pri/sec to tightly coupled
thinking
only in terms of magnetism. They may think the tighter coupling has a
greater magnetic transfere - which is true... But overcoupling saturates
the
secondary coil almost instantly every cycle and doesn't allow for the
circuit to resonate freely. Just something to keep in mind.

TES