[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube CX1140 = H2-thy..

Subject:  Re: Tube CX1140 = H2-thy..
  Date:   Sat, 17 May 1997 01:52:21 +0300 (EET DST)
  From:   Kristian Ukkonen <kukkonen-at-cc.hut.fi>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> From:         gene lambert <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
>
> I have a brand new tube that my brother got from a friend. However, my
> tube manuals do not mention it. I think it may be a large triode, and
> might be suitable for tc use. Could anyone tell me something about it?
> The manufacturer on the base of the tube seems to be EEV (Made in
> England.)
> The model number is CX1140

What a find!

That tube is a H2 thyratron/tetrode. Here are some specs (full specs
soon at nic).

"Suitable for use at high pulse repetition rates, in parallel for
 higher powers, or for switching longer pulses. Hydrogen reservoir
 operating from the cathode heater supply is incorporated."

Peak forward anode V = 25kV max
Peak anode current = 1000A max
Average anode current = 1.25A max
Rate of rise of anode current = 5kA/us max

Cathode connected to mid-point of heater
Heater V = 6.3V
Heater I = 21.5A
Cathode heating time = 5 minutes

NOTE: "X-rays are emitted by cx1140 from the region of the anode , but
the radiation is usually reduced to a safe level by the metal panels
of the equipment in which the tube operates."

Look at nic for full specs soon,

  Kristian Ukkonen.

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the
law |
| kukkonen-at-alpha.hut.fi  |_____  Chance favours the prepared mind
|-------
| http://www.hut.fi/~kukkonen |  Fear is the mind-killer  |---------