[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: large nonpolar caps

Subject:  Re: large nonpolar caps
  Date:   Thu, 15 May 1997 12:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<
 > Does anybody have a source for large nonpolar caps?  I.E. 25000 mfd
 up
 > about 1 farad.  They need to be nonpolar and have a voltage rating
 > larger
 > than about 10 volts.  I teach physics and we use them in our
 electricity
 > unit.  (They need to be nonpolar because our physics students have
 > habit of accidentally switching the polarity.)  Since these are
 deviant
 > high schoolers they need to be relatively indestructable.
 >
 > Jeff Mason >>

Jeff,

I would suggest contacting your local power/utility company.  They use
capacitors of this size in line power factor correction.  You can see
them
hanging from some power poles.  If you talk to the right person (maybe
Investment Recovery dept.) they might give them to you since it is for
the
school.

Ed Sonderman