[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K Factors

Subject:  Re: K Factors
  Date:   Wed, 14 May 1997 05:18:00 +0000
  From:  "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 08:04 AM 5/13/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: K Factors
>Date:     Tue, 13 May 1997 02:36:22 +0500
>  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

  Alfred -

  Coronal breakout is always a possibility with Tesla coils because of
the
high voltages on the windings. However, I have had little difficulty
with
this problem because I use small coils for experimentation.

  It should be noted  that the inductance Ls could be nullified by the
proper change in Lp. This, however, does not change the K factor because
the
mutual inductance Lm changes. Has anyone ever looked into this? It is an
interesting characteristic of Tesla coil design and is one of the many
prospects that should be studied in detail if classical Tesla coils are
be optimized.

John Couture