[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Siamese Coil

Subject: Re: Siamese Coil
  Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 00:04:14 -0400 (EDT)
  From: Richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 09:11 AM 5/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:     Siamese Coil
>      Date:  Sun, 11 May 1997 20:54:31 -0800
>      From:  Greg Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>Someone asked me if a tesla coil would work if it had
>two secondaries next to one another, electrically
>connected in parallel, with a single top electrode
>that shielded both coilforms.
>
>Has anyone out there tried this one yet?
>
>-GL
>
>Greg,

The answer is a resounding yes!!!  Lou Balint in Pennsylvania who is a
good
friend and fellow researcher has already done this in an effort to show
the
system responds a a simple lumped element.  The coils can be similar or
vastly different and once tuned to the lumped value, the system works
incredibly well.  Lou even demonstrated it working with a magnifier
driving
the bases of the system.  The maggey actually avoids the nasty coupling
issues of a primary.

I have his system running full tilt on one of our recent videos.  Lou
brought his maggey system to Ed Wingate's Teslathon last year and demoed
before a large critical audience. ( this included the dual, odd ball,
lumped
resonators shareing just one toroid.

 Those who knew the implications of what was going on were stunned!
Everyone else was just amazed.

 John Freau and Lou often get together for research sessions like we do
here
in Richmond. They make a first rate team.

Richard Hull, TCBOR