[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Siamese Coil

Subject:     Re: Siamese Coil
      Date:  Tue, 13 May 1997 15:26:48 -0400
      From: "Edward J. Wingate" <ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:     Siamese Coil
>       Date:  Sun, 11 May 1997 20:54:31 -0800
>       From:  Greg Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> Someone asked me if a tesla coil would work if it had
> two secondaries next to one another, electrically
> connected in parallel, with a single top electrode
> that shielded both coilforms.
>
> Has anyone out there tried this one yet?
>
> -GL

Hi Greg,

I don't know if anyone has tried this with a classic coil, but Lou
Balint in New Jersey has used two extra coils under a common toroid with
his magnifier system.

Maybe John Freau will chime in with a response. He is much more familiar
with Lou's magnifier work than I am. I don't think Lou is on the list.

Safe coiling always,

Ed Wingate