[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer.

Subject:      Transformer.
       Date:  Sun, 12 May 1996 22:59:06 -0400
       From:  jbesse pcote <jbesse-at-Quetico.tbaytel-dot-net>
         To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello

                Thank you for responding to my question. Well the reason
that it
sparke is truley because it is so close together. I have put the prongs
at about 8 thou. For every 140 degrees it contracts around 0.005 in an
inch and my prongs are one inch long so it given expantion to almost 200
degrees. When it's running the prongs almost are so close they almost
touch each other. And I am using a computer hard drive as a motor
because it's ridgide. I thaught It was going to fry the drive because
they are so fragile but it was ok. The only problem that i had was to
use a isolation transformer ( self grounding Xfrmr ) because the 2.5Kv
would jump only on one prong that means it's grounding on the house
ground throught the hard drive spindle. Fortunatly it did not fry my
Hard drive.  Yes it's hard to keep the gap between the prongs precice
but I ow it to my Industrial Millwhight skills:)

Stephane. C