[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hull Electrometer Evaluation

Subject:  Hull Electrometer Evaluation
  Date:   Sat, 10 May 1997 14:14:17 -0500 (CDT)
  From:  rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com (Richard Wayne Wall)
    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

5/10/97

I recently built and tested the Hull Electrometer designed by R. Hull.

In a word, this simple little instrument is very sensitive, rugged,
accurate and inexpensive to build.  This little instrument will open up
a great deal of experimentation not only in electrostatics in general,
but also in discovery of TC electrostatic characteristics.

Basically, the heart of the eletrometer is a LMC-6081 IC.  This is a
precision CMOS op amp.  It is the most expensive part and costs about
$6-8.  There is an additional LM-324N quad op amp IC for two successive
stages and a low pass 2nd order Butterworth filter.  The unit is