[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 70 column lenght

Subject:  Re: 70 column lenght
  Date:   Fri, 9 May 1997 21:33:15 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 8 May 1997 11:17:22 -0400 (EDT)
DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com

> As far as I can tell, the only way to limit line length to less than 80
> characters is to use the hard return, which I thought was one of the
> practices we were trying to avoid.  A specific suggestion as to how
> to achieve the golden flece of 80 char on ALO would be appreciated.

Pray tell why are we supposed to avoid hard returns?
It is by the use of the return that one can control
the appearance or formating of the text. BTW I used
hard returns to limit the width if this response to
a maximum of 52 characters! Do you or anyone else
see anything wrong or problematic with this?
As far as I know the only problem with using hard
returns is if you are using Netscape Navigator as
your e-mail client, apparently it causes some other
e-mail clients problems or so I've heard.

Also, are you restricted as to what e-mail program
you can use with AOL? If not then why not try out
Pegasus Mail. I have tried every e-mail program
available as free, share and demo - ware and I
can honestly say that Pegasus Mail has every
feature of all the other existing e-mail programs
and then some! It is easy to set your line width
and it's FREE!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/