[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What's Happening, Chip?

Subject:   What's Happening, Chip?
  Date:    Tue, 6 May 1997 20:23:02 -0400
  From:    "Thomas McGahee" <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
    To:    <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Chip Atkinson,
Why is it that I sometimes get multiples of a post? Also, why is it
that I sometimes experience a rather long delay before a post that I
send shows up on the list? Sometimes I find that a person has posted
a reply to a post before I have even recieved the original post.

I am not complaining. I am just curious... is it a result of the new
methodology in place with the Tesla list?

Is there any way I can get into a tighter "loop" with what is going
on? I think it is fairly obvious that there are several of us on the
list that are very active in replying to posts. In the past there was
a certain "immediacy" to the posts that made them more interesting. I
have resorted to answering more than 80% of the posts off the list
only because it was taking too long to get answers to persons via the
list. I have experienced delays of more than 24 hours.

Again, I am not complaining, just curious.

By the way, I greatly appreciate the Tesla list. It is the best forum
I know of for Tesla related topics. The Tesla-2 list is doing a good
job for newcomers to coiling, and S. Roys HV List is also excellent.
I notice that many members of this list are also on the HV List. We
need them ALL!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

As regards the problem with the lines wrapping around in
weird places... Could it be that the listserver or one of the feeders
to the listserver is the culprit? I have set my line length to 70,
but notice that my messages still get chopped up something awful at
times. Could it be that one of the feeders to the listserver has a
setting that is creating the problem? It is sometimes disconcerting
to read messages that are all chopped up. (But I can live with it as
long as the CONTENT is worth reading!!!)

Fr. Tom McGahee