[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

coupling factor?

Subject:   coupling factor?
  Date:    Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:39:29 -0400
  From:    chuck seguin <seguinc-at-algonquinc.on.ca>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Good morning everyone,

The issue has come up again for me.  I am still left with a question
about coupling between primary and
secondary.

Let me pose this in two parts.  I will begin with a thank you to Richard
Hull for the info he sent regarding
this.  By the way Richard, my secondary is built up of #26 AWG heavy
coated wire.

1.  Why do most TC builders raise their secondaries out of the primary
when they tune (or even lower them)?
Why not move the primary since it is smaller and has no "top heaviness"
like the secondary.  Please explain in
great detail the parameters involved and ideas to work on.

2.  Could someone please explain (again) where to start when tuning the
completed TC and how to make the final
adjustments.

Thanks to all who answer, please use the same Subject heading to cut
through some of the chatter on the list.

Chuck