[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Core Material

Subject:  Re: Core Material
  Date:  Mon, 5 May 1997 06:28:26 +0000
  From:  "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 06:29 AM 5/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: Core Material
>  Date:  Thu, 1 May 1997 23:03:44 -0400 (EDT)
>  From:  SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

><<
> Also, I was thinking about half wave coils, not many people seem to
> build
> these.  Why is this?
>  >>
>I think you will have break out at the 1/4 wave area as well as the 1/2
>at
>top. Your coil will be breaking out about 1/2 the way up and at the top.
>The
>same goes for 3/4 and full wave. On a full wave it would break out at
>1/4-1/2-3/4 and at top.  Stephen S.

 A half wave coil with the primary at the center will give you a high
voltage at one end and another high voltage 180 electrical degrees later
at
the othed end. This could give you a longer spark length with the proper
primary capacitor and a larger wattage neon transformer. However, with a
quarter wave TC you could also get a longer spark length with a larger
neon
transformer. It is obvious that building a half wave coil has no
advantage
(unless it has more inductance).

 The secret to building a successful TC with maximum spark length is to
optimize the over 46 parametrs. This is done either by trial and error
or
with the proper TC computer program. If you are interested in a program
of
this capability please contact me privately via email.

  John Couture