[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tingle Filing

Subject:  Re: Tingle Filing
  Date:   Mon, 5 May 1997 12:09:52 -0500 (CDT)
  From:   c604313-at-showme.missouri.edu
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
    CC:   tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Tingle Filing
>   Date:   Sat, 03 May 1997 05:33:10 -0700
>   From:   Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>     To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Last night we had a thunder storm.  I watched the lighting from the back
> door
> as usual for about 10 minutes.  Lighting struck a large tree in the back
> yard.  Lighting came down the tree and shot out across the yard threw
> the
> roots in all directions.  When it struck the tree I felt a tingle
> feeling all
> over my entire body just like the same feeling when I hold my hand near
> the
> tesla coil toroid just out of spark range.  Does this tingle feeling
> have a
> name?
>
> Today I inspected the tree.  It measures 63' from the back door. It is
> split
> down the middle in several places and lost 2 large limbs.  The roots in
> the
> ground are split open 22' from the tree.  It lost 90% of its bark. This
> tree
> has lots of surface roots.  Time to get out the chain saw.
>
> Gary Weaver

    What an incredible display of nature that must have been to witness!
Your hart must have been pounding big time!  This must have been an
extra-ordinary lightning strike as many strikes to trees generally do
not
kill the tree. You can often times tell that a tree had been struck by
lighting because it will have a long scar running up the length of the
trunk yet it will still be alive! As for someone who lives in a
treehouse,
I have a healthy respect for lightning. Partially what is responsible
for my fascination with Tesla Coils.
                                         Enjoyed reading your post,
                                               - Bert S.