[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tingle Filing

Subject:   Re: Tingle Filing
  Date:    Mon, 5 May 1997 00:35:15 -0400 (EDT)
  From:    richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 08:35 AM 5/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Tingle Filing
>  Date:   Sat, 03 May 1997 05:33:10 -0700
>  From:   Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Last night we had a thunder storm.  I watched the lighting from the back
>door
>as usual for about 10 minutes.  Lighting struck a large tree in the back
>yard.  Lighting came down the tree and shot out across the yard threw
>the
>roots in all directions.  When it struck the tree I felt a tingle
>feeling all
>over my entire body just like the same feeling when I hold my hand near
>the
>tesla coil toroid just out of spark range.  Does this tingle feeling
>have a
>name?

Yeah.... Near Death Experience!

In all seriousness, this is a common attribute of high field
conditions.  In
a high field region rather high voltages can be developed across normal
insulating surfaces and these can be felt by biologics like us.  Large
farm
animal with four widely separated legs are quite often killed instantly
in a
near strike that wouldn't phase us.

  I have felt the hair rise on my arms once in a near strike.  With an
electrometer and suitable detector, this can really be seen with great
ease
during a storm, even when no near hits occur.  I specifically avoid
putting
my "brain case" just barely outside of a Tesla coil's sparking radius
and
thus have not allowed myself the thrill and tingle you mention, but
again,
it is undoubtedly due to high field intensities in the near space about
the
operating coil.

Richard Hull, TCBOR