[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Class D Tesla amp.

Subject:  Re: Class D Tesla amp.
  Date:   Sun, 4 May 1997 18:41:32 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 3 May 1997 05:26:27 -0500 (CDT) Richard A. Smith
<ras2-at-tant-dot-com> wrote;

> Greetings,
>
> I am a newcomer to this list.  Finally, people who have a clue and can
> guide me in the ways! Thank you! Built my first TC many years ago. It
> was chicken feed compared to what I am reading in the archives.  Build a
> second, larger and had miserable results.  (Of course now I see why)
> Since then I have longed to build a solid state device that would achive
> compareable performance with out all the hassle of spark gaps designs.
>
> So far in the archives I have not come across any thing that has to do
> with a good RF power amp for driving a Coil.  Has there been a thread?
> If so point me to the proper archive.

There have been a few decent articles on high power solid state Tesla
coils the T.C.B.A. (Tesla Coil Builders Association) news letter
but that's about it. What I have been looking into is the solid state
supplies for induction heating which also use R.F., references are
hard to find. The older books have a lot on thyratron supplies for
high power induction heating.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/