[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

pole pig setup

Subject:  pole pig setup
  Date:   Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:52:30 +0200
  From:   tesla <tesla-at-ixx.se>
    To:   tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

Hi all.

I have just laid my hands on 3 railway polepigs. 2 2kVA and 1 4.5 kVA.
They have an output of 10kV each and have 2x120V in(if i look at it as
they should be used in Tesla coil service :) )I had to
pay 45$ a piece, is that
a reasonable price?? They have some rust here and there but seems ok.
They
only need a little sanding and some paint and they'll be as new.

My big question here is how do i current limit them since i suspect they
will draw pretty much current. I have read about welders and electrical
heating units but how do i do......

As much info as i can get would be appreciated. I don't wanna get fried.
=)

//Matt

Matthias "Tesla" Andersson
tesla-at-engelholm.se