[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gaps

Subject:  Re: Gaps
  Date:   28 Apr 97 19:50:49 EDT
  From:   Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-CompuServe.COM>
    To:   "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Stephen wrote
>I am in the process of building a Richard Quick type gap or rather have
>been in the process for a few days.Drilling two holes in the tubing and
>making them line up even on both sides of the tube, even using a drill press
>vise is very hard.  Im using 1" copper tube, 2" long. Im trying to gap them -at-
>.030 equally but its tough. <

I thought about trying to build then in a pipe but I figured it would be
tough!
I decided to mount the pipe for the gaps horizonaly. I found that copper
pipe would fit snaggly into a u shaped channel of rods which are used
to take shelf supports and then mounting this onto a piece of paxolin.
O O O O
U U U U

I think someone else on the list suggested something similar.
I'll next build some kind of enclosure to channel air accross the gaps.

F--\

Ascii is to an artist what a paintbrush is to a sculptor.

Have fun,

Alan Sharp.