[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

a thought on scopes - use an ignition scope

Subject:
        a thought on scopes - use an ignition scope
  Date:
        Sun, 30 Mar 97 06:33:51 UT
  From:
        "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I have an older (sun??) ignition scope sitting in my garage - it runs on
12VDC
which mostly powers some tube filaments - it gets all the HV from the
ignition
coil - it connects to the coil secondary as well as the battery.  It
would
seem that this might be a useful way to look at tesla waveforms - what
do you
guys think.  I suppose once I could even go out to the garage again and
look
at it to refresh my memory about how it actually hooks up - I bought it
on a
whim for $2 at a car swap meet (it didn't work), and had to replace the
HV
rectifier tube to make it work - I used it once as an ignition scope to
see
how they worked and haven't looked at it in several years.