[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Chokes

  Date:
        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:25:27 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Gary Weaver

The most important factor you need to know is the cross sectional area
of
the steel and the type of steel employed.  You can probably get the type
from the manufacturer.  Measure the cross sectional area of the steel.
As
an example a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 cross sectional area of a modern silicon
steel
grade with support 12 KVA without saturating.  You will need
approximately
3 x 3 in. core size (ie, 9 in. squared) to support your 16 KVA unit if
operating at full power.  Probably need about 130 total turns of 8 AWG
(min.) to proper current control.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net