[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SCR's

  Date:
        Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:44:53 -0800 (PST)
  From:
        "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Re: Supercoil et al
Joe:
        The coil (from the speed shop) which I tried was an

        ACCEL "12 VOLT UNIVERSAL" Super Coil, P/N 140001

It was not intended for capacitor discharge service, of course.
Works fairly well with a conventional transistor driver running
from 12 volts, but performance with the QUADRAC driver was no
where near what I get from the junk-yard GM coils.
        As noted earlier, will drop schematic in mail Monday.
Ed