[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: file decompression

  Date:
        Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:18:11 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use the
 Lempel Ziv decompression used on Richard Quicks
 files?

 I've used it successfully before and can't seem to get
 the darn things to decompress (or uncompress..)

 suggestions?

 thanks

 Chris Dunagan

Chris,

I thought they were .zip files.  I use a program called PKZIP which I
think
came from the net shareware files somewhere.  Funny thing about this
program.
 I have two PCs, one H.P. and one Hewitt Rand one is a 486 the other is
a 586
cpu.  This program will only run on the external floppy drive.  I can't
compres or uncompress files on the hard drive.  Definitley strange.

Ed Sonderman