[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Touchy toroids

  Date:
        Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:48:28 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        tesla-at-america-dot-com (Bob Schumann)
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Chip,
        Thanks for the advice. I had seen that stuff at hamfests and
it was $70 and I said 'Thank you for the demonstration!' and scooted
on down the 'cheap' isle. It seems that the consensus is for hot glue.
I finished my toroid this weekend and all is fine. In fact, with the
employment of a hamfest-purchased variac, I got record spark for this
machine of 36" discharge with 15" secondary!. I would have been happy
with 2 feet. This machine is done. Time to start on the big one!

Thanks again!

Bob Schumann

tesla-at-america-dot-com
http://www.america-dot-com/~tesla