[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils

  Date:
        Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:28:01 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi John:

We did make some measurements of VSWR on a few of our 1 MEV coils
operating
in a pulsed mode using an National 7703 ignitron to fire the cap.

I will look in some our our old journals and see if I can dig out the
exact
setup for you.  DC will be going to California in April so I will send
the
journal out to him if I can find them.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

>         Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils
>   Date:
>         Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:38:32 +0000
>   From:
>         "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>     To:
>         Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> At 03:57 PM 3/12/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
> >Subject: Re:Tube Type Tesla Coils
>

> >snip
> >>
> >>In fact I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried to
> >>measure the VSCR of a classical or tube type Tesla coil. As I said
before I
> >>did not have much success with these measurements. This surprised me
because
> >>Ham operators make these tests on radio transmitters all the time.
> >>
> >>John C.
> >>

> >John,
> >
> >The hams can make the active VSWR measurements because they aren't
tapped
> >into a 10 foot arcing output coil.  They are also looking to hit unity
VSWR
> >and their output voltage is low.  We are at the opposite end (looking
for
> >infinite VSWR) and instrumentalities for these potentials are not
common.  A
> >static or low power VSWR measurement is like a static Q
measurement...rather