[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DOS screen clear in Ntesla

Subject:
        DOS screen clear in Ntesla
  Date:
        Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:16:49 -0500
  From:
        Steve Falco <sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

When I posted Ntesla, the only way I knew to clear the screen in DOS was
by using the ANSI.SYS driver.  I asked if anyone had a better way.
Well, I answered my own question.  If you are using Ntesla under DOS,
and you would like to avoid ANSI.SYS, then make the following change to
protos.h and re-compile:

Around line 42, delete the existing definition for the CLEAR_SCREEN
macro, and replace it with the following two lines:

#include <graph.h>
#define CLEAR_SCREEN    _clearscreen(_GCLEARSCREEN);

When you get done, it should look like:

#ifdef _DOS
#include <io.h>
#include <graph.h>
#define CLEAR_SCREEN    _clearscreen(_GCLEARSCREEN);
#endif

If you don't have a compiler, and want an executable with the above
change, just send me an email, and I'll send you a new zip file via
email.