[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils

-- BEGIN included message

snip

>In fact I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried to
>measure the VSCR of a classical or tube type Tesla coil. As I said before I
>did not have much success with these measurements. This surprised me because
>Ham operators make these tests on radio transmitters all the time.
>
>John C.

John,

The hams can make the active VSWR measurements because they aren't tapped
into a 10 foot arcing output coil.  They are also looking to hit unity VSWR
and their output voltage is low.  We are at the opposite end (looking for
infinite VSWR) and instrumentalities for these potentials are not common.  A
static or low power VSWR measurement is like a static Q measurement...rather
valueless.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

-- END included message