[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Shielding Computers

-- BEGIN included message

Could you explain to me what a Marx Generator is??  Or pont me in the
right direction

My advice - don't risk it. I spent two days repairing half a workshop
full of gear after blithely testing a rather modest Marx generator
that emitted huge EMPs. OK, it wasn't a TC but... I have experienced
damaged to parallel interfaces that had cables plugged in when
running a TC some distance away. An isolating transformer is
absolutely *no protection whatever*. Unplug everything that can be
unplugged, then unplug everything else. A kickback once destroyed
what was left of some old rubber insulation in a drill press. The
bang woke us up.

Malcolm

-- END included message