[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alleged 40 foot coil&Burden of prof...

-- BEGIN included message

Tesla List wrote:

> The true Tesla coil spirit in me wants to discover that you are
> telling the truth.
>
> Convince me,  DR. RESONANCE!
>
> Robert W. Stephens
> Fellow "Professional" Tesla coil builder
> Lindsay Scientific Co.
> Ontario, Canada

Hey, good reply Robert! I hope DR. RESONANCE doesn't brisle too much to
a little scepticism, as in the scientific community it is nessisary.
When one makes such great claims, they then shoulder the burden of prof.
I have some doubt also, to the meathod described by Dr. Resonance to
measure the voltage of a TC. I for one would not want to place a very
spendy Multichannel analyzer with a HPG crystal or even a relativly
inexpensive NaI crystal in the visinity of a TC to get spectroscopic
analysis of the >1 Mev X-Rays (which by the way "...would result in
unidirectional peaks of
voltage at the half-frequency of the Tesla current - meaning a
constantly-changing x-ray hardness"-as Robert Michaels wrote, but then
we are only looking for the highest peaks, eh?). I am not saying that it
could not be done with very carfull faraday shielding, only that it
would be a rather unhealthy and tedious process. The X-Ray tube must
have been huge to operate at such high voltages!

David Trimmell

-- END included message