[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about primary coils

-- BEGIN included message

> Can someone explain why in the primary coil you would have it spiral up the
> secondary coil at a 30 degree angle.  Why not a 75 or 90 degree angle.

A 90 degree angle is used in Tesla Magnifiers, but on a two-coil system,
you are more likely to hit the primary with a spark from the secondary
if you make the angle too large.  As long as your fairly flat primary
couples well to the secondary, then you don't need a larger angle.  In
fact, from what I have read, a totally flat spiral will work well, and
is simpler to construct than the banked type.

	Steve Falco

-- END included message