[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just a brush

-- BEGIN included message

Re:
"I would suggest that you should calculate the capacitive reactance
of your .0085 mfd cap--I get about 312K ohms at 60 Hz.  Not sure if you
use 50 or 60 Hz power, but the point is that would result in a current
draw of 48 milliamps on your 15,000 volt transformer and it is rated at
30 milliamps, per your comments above. "
	NEGATIVE!!!  Since the transformer reactance is positive and
the capacitor reactance is negative, the effective reactance will be
500,000 - 312,000
or 188,000 and the available current is 15000/188000 or about
80 mils, which could raise the terminal voltage to well over
20 kV rms!!  Will work fine, if gap length is kept within safe
values.
Ed Phillips

-- END included message